What About a Job in Theatre?
Theatre Job Vacancies
Vacancy for Operations Manager
Job Title: Operations Manager at Lancaster Grand Theatre
Type: Full time. (40 hours per week). Permanent
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 per year
Owing to increasing workload following the success of the theatre, Lancaster Grand (now hosting around 35 Footlights, 46 community and 100 professional performances) is now seeking a full time Operations Manager who will manage overall operations. The post holder will report to and work closely with the Theatre Manager to ensure that the day-to-day operations are handled efficiently and completely. As paid theatre staff numbers are low, the position requires lots of hands-on activities, some flexible working and the ability to work with volunteers. The successful post holder will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of all our systems including ticketing and a thorough understanding of the roles of Duty Manager and Box Office.
The ideal candidate would preferably have the following experience:
- a proven track record in administration.
- experience in fundraising and the identification of development opportunities.
- financial understanding to be able to manage the day-to-day operations of a theatre.
- good writing and verbal communications capability
- excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to work as part of a team
- problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- competency in IT operations and management especially in Microsoft Office applications
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring the safety and security of the building.
- Providing a “meet and greet” service to tour managers and the visiting acts
- Satisfying all back-stage “rider” requirements and agreeing merchandising location with the tour staff if needed
- Managing the cleaning contract including obtaining emergency cover if there is a problem
- Overseeing ticket sales operations and helping manage the front-of-house volunteers.
- Overseeing Duty Manager and Box Office cover rotas and resolving any problems that may arise.
- Maintaining an up-to-date master schedule of users of the stage for performances, rehearsals and other events for planning purposes
- Assisting with publicity and community relations objectives including assisting with distribution of brochures and mail-outs.
- Identifying fundraising opportunities, coordinating any fundraising events and researching and developing grant funding opportunities.
- In conjunction with the Theatre Manager, implementing new systems for all activity areas within the theatre including “Friends of the Grand”
- Leading ongoing training of Duty Managers and FOH staff and keeping theatre manuals up to date
• A strong organizational ability, detail oriented and the ability to manage multiple projects
• A passionate commitment to theatre
Applications with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications now closed